Thursday, March 16, 2017

Exorcist fails to drive out 'evil spirits,' forcing Brazilian president to leave 'haunted' presidential palace

Being a Biblical studies/Theology student, I can't help but always find stories about "exorcisms," and basically anything dealing with the "supernatural" interesting. Yes, exorcisms are real (though some are fraudulent); and yes the devil is real. If you believe in 'good,' you have to believe in 'evil.'

While I'm sure many would immediately write this article off as being "superstition," unless I personally had encountered persons who were 'possessed,' and even witnessed at least one 'exorcism,' I too might have dismissed this as being nothing more than "superstition." 

Either way, you don't have to be a 'believer' in God or anything for that matter to know when something or someone is not right (not themselves). And I'm not talking about someone just having a bad day, or not being their normal selves; what I refer to is much darker and more frightening. When you're in the presence of evil, you'll know it. There's just a natural instinct that occurs which is not uncommon to the 'fight/flight' syndrome. It's definitely not something you want to be around.

The precedent of 'demonic possession,' has been set thousands of years ago, and in various cultures and belief systems all throughout the world. To dismiss this phenomena as pure superstition can be a fatal mistake. But for the most part, unless you yourself have experienced a 'paranormal situation,' chances are great you'll be skeptical. And once you yourself have experienced something of this nature, you'll never be the same.

I've not followed politics in Brazil that closely lately, so I'm not sure where this country stands culturally. Being more familiar with South America in general, I'd assume Brazil would be a "Catholic nation." But I also am highly aware that the natives are very much into 'pagan' practises. Whether this has anything to do with the Brazilian president's home being "haunted," I wouldn't know. What I do know is that as a whole people with no belief systems are more "open" to spiritual attacks from possible enemies, personal or politically.

The fact an exorcism 'failed' in this case, is more of an indictment upon the exorcist, than on the process of ridding the evil from that home. Evil is subject to God. I could expound upon this, but that is not the purpose of this post. One final point I'd like to make is that due to the direction society is moving, be prepared to hear more and more stories such as this. With all the 'paranormal craze' going on whether on television, or real life, people are opening doors and doing things that people are better off not having anything to do with.

No comments:

Post a Comment