Wednesday, August 30, 2017

UPDATED: Rachel Maddow Ends August As No. 1 In Cable News

For those who read my previous post about Fox News, here is the direction in which cable news is heading. Very interesting, is about all I can say.

So we've got, this... (at MSNBC);




                                                 Rachel Maddow

...ending August at #1 in Cable news

While at Fox, we have a new face...


                                                      Tomi Lahren

Quite a 'contrast' 'eh? Not much of a comparison, I'll let you decide in which way. I don't think these two will be 'matched up,' (I believe Lahren is getting her own show), but it would be interesting to have these two females battle it out for ratings. That is what entertainment, I 'cable news' is all about, isn't it

 Tomi Lahren, while there have been some wild reports about Ms Lahren being 'high maintenance, she is an attractive young lady who brings a fresh perspective on things. While I think she's too early into her career, she could go a long way. But for now, I'd say we'll have to wait and see.

 As for Ms Maddow's politics, personally I couldn't disagree with her more on almost every topic, politically speaking. But I do believe Maddow is an intelligent person. If only she weren't so partisan and using the 'division' strategies, created by the elites within the media empires, she could have chosen to use her intelligence for good.

Unfortunately, in the news business its a 'cutthroat' type of environment, where its eat, or be eaten. I learned this when beginning to take some journalism courses back in college years ago. The rate of those who do not even make it to the television screen, or any position of prominence is staggeringly high. So for those who do make it, instead of being a force for 'division' and in many cases, 'hate,' why not use your influence for the good of your fellow Americans?

No comments:

Post a Comment