Thursday, September 14, 2017

The Italian Bride; One of Chicago's Haunted Locations

Being a native Chicagoan, now living in the surburbs, and incidentally having grown up in a 'haunted house' (very haunted), my personal experience has tainted my life in many ways,

It's given me an affinity for the 'paranormal,' and things that go bump in the night. Its also given me a perspective on life that I didn't ask, or bargain for. But that's life. You deal with the cards you've been dealt with. And wow have I been given an odd deck of cards to deal with- as a child!



    'My boyhood home, where it all began'     
(see note at bottom)


   Anyone who's read this blog for any length of time may already know some of my background, having grown up in a very haunted house, and how even after leaving the house- 'something' has followed me ever since. I've also been given a 'gift' of being a sensitive/empath. While I don't often look it as being a 'gift,' as its not the easiest of things to come to terms with, it has indeed been a gift. 

Whether this is why I experienced what happened to me as a child growing up in a haunted house, or whether it has been a result of, I may never know. All I know is it is life changing. Ask most person you may know who've grown up under similar circumstances. If you can find any, that is.

So living in one of America's most haunted cities, and yes, Chicago is up close to, the top of 'haunted cities' in America. I couldn't resist as I grew older. I have visited just about every haunted place in the City that has been reported usually during Halloween, or in most 'ghost books.' And I have the 'pictures,' and 'scars' to prove them!

The Italian Bride, is one of those 'famous Chicago haunting's I have personal pictures of, hidden somewhere. Its been a few years since I'd been to this particular cemetery, but its a place I'll never forget! And this isn't the 'only' haunted location at this particular cemetery! There are several there. This is just perhaps the most 'active,' and most well known. But I have literally 'stood' side-by-side' with this Italian bride. Who knows, she may still be near me?



                                                  'The Italian Bride' 

I can tell you there is one huge old tree right nearby this famous headstone. I'll never forget the very day I was photographed next to her. This grave is located right off the road, and across from either a flower shop, or the care-takers station. It's been awhile, so I can't recall which one it was. And yet there are plenty of other haunted places in Chicago to visit. Anyway, this is a tragic story of a young lady who was just married, and perhaps pregnant when she died. You can read more about her in the article.  Plus, as stated there are several locations all in this one cemetery alone!

...places you'd most likely not want to be anywhere near late at night!

Bachelor's Grove, hidden deep within the forsest preserve woods in Chicago (actually just outside Chicago, in Midlothian, IL) is been said to literally be THE MOST 'haunted place,' (cemetery) in America, if not the world. Yes, I've been there too. And I'll never forget the last time I'd visited that place. I left the place, and shortly thereafter was hit with a case of 'severe depression' unlike anything I'd ever known since. It was very bad, and I've not been back since! Not that I wouldn't, just haven't had the opportunity, but I would go under totally different circumstances! I'm talking about 'protecting myself.'



* I cannot tell you the images that were stirred up within me having simply posted a picture of that house. Physically, I always get a reaction and boy did I get a reaction. And though it's been about a year or 2 since I've last looked at this house, the reaction I received just now...was the most intense. After having moved out of this house, I had no fewer than '50 dreams' about one day moving 'back into' this house! It may not be much to look at from the outside. But the memories of what happened within those walls have remained with me, and will continue to for the rest of my life! The stories I could tell. And of every nook and cranny within that house! I know once we moved out of there, it remained 'vacant' for at least a year, if not longer. It would be very interesting to know whether others who've lived there have experienced anything 'strange.' I could have posted a better picture, but did not want to reveal too much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment